No matter if you’re a beginner or a passionate pizza maker, having a piece of kitchen equipment like a pizza stove surely will mean a lot in the preparation process. So, choose the best barbecue pizza oven for your kitchen or yard and make this delicious Italian dish at home whenever you want.
Our top five picks:
- Ooni Karu 12 Outdoor Pizza Oven,
- Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven,
- BakerStone Original Box Kit,
- Onlyfire Universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven,
- Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven.
The best barbecue pizza oven is Ooni Karu 12 Outdoor Pizza Oven based on its features and characteristics. It reaches a high temperature in no time, and you can bake practically anything in it. Other ovens worth mentioning are Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven, BakerStone Original Box Kit, Onlyfire Universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven, and Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven.
If you want to find out more about these pizza ovens, keep reading. I’ve tested them all out and will guide you on how to choose the most suitable one.
Ooni Karu 12 Outdoor Pizza Oven – Our Top Choice
This device is so good that every pizza will be baked perfectly – crust not dry and toppings melted and combined amazingly. So, if you’re looking for kitchen equipment that will last you for years and provide you with the perfect Italian meal, this is it.
- Removable front door – this feature will keep the temperature inside of the oven and, as a result, waste less fuel.
- Vent at the top – it allows air to come in and out. That way, the fire will keep going when cooking with wood. And the best thing is that you can simply close that vent when you’re done cooking.
- Cordierite stone floor – you can bake a 12-inch pizza inside the stove.
- It’s compact – it comes with a removable chimney and folding away legs, so you can easily install it in the back of your yard and make top-quality pie at home (or wherever you go because you can easily put Karu into the truck as well).
- Stopper – when you finish cooking your meal, and after closing the vent, you can simply put the stopper on the top of your stove and protect it from the rain and other weather conditions.
As I already mentioned, before buying such expensive kitchen gear, it’s important to learn all about it and decide whether it will suit your needs. Also, it’s easy to clean, which can be a pretty daunting task. So, here are the specifications of my favorite multi-cooking outdoor oven.
|Fuel||Wood, wood pellet, charcoal|
|Dimensions||24 x 14 x 10.5|
|Cook surface||12.5 x 13.5|
What We Don’t Like About Ooni Karu
Becoming a true pizzaiolo isn’t that hard when you have the right equipment. And if you’re dreaming of becoming one, you need to check the Ooni Karu outdoor stove that will help you make one of the best pizzas so far. Ensure it’s the perfect stove for you before investing money in it by checking some pros and cons of this product.
|Lightweight design||It doesn’t come with the gas attachment|
|Fast heating||Moderately expensive|
|Easy to re-fuel||It will burn more fuel than you think|
|Cooks pizza in one minute||You need to pay attention during the cooking|
Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven for Grill
Is baking yummy pizzas outdoors on a grill your passion? Then you should consider this kitchen gear. The wood fire oven will be perfect for everyone who wants to bake yummy pizzas on a grill. It has an open face like traditional wood-fired brick ovens.
- Fits all Camp Chef 16″ Cooking System stoves,
- Includes Italia Pizza Oven Cooking Guide with recipes,
- Built-in temperature gauge,
- Fully adjustable heat.
- Temperature can reach up to 700°F.
Its cordierite ceramic stone pulls out the outer moisture of doughs to form the perfect crust and leaves the inside fluffy and moist enough for a delicious end result.
Having the perfect stove at your home means learning all its pros and cons. When it comes to Camp Chef Artisan, the important thing to be aware of is its weight – 41 lbs.
|Great price||Heavy while carrying|
|Adjustable heat level|
|Durable ceramic stone|
|Two burner accessory|
BakerStone Original Box Kit Along With Useful Tools
Besides allowing you to bake different foods in less than 4 minutes, this model has everything you need to start baking pizza – a wooden peel, an oven box, and a metal pizza turner. All you have to do is decide what type of pizza to eat and which toppings you’ll put.
- Portable – to assemble this BBQ oven, you’ll require minimal effort.
- Three burners – gas grills, pellet grills, and charcoal grills.
- Can bake other food – bread, fish, vegetables and meat.
- High-quality materials – it’s made from top-notch steel, comes with a powder-coated surface, and a five-sided stone cooking patented chamber.
One of the best features this BBQ pizza oven has is the ability to bake different foods. So, not only will it give you the possibility to become an expert pizzaiolo, but you can perfectly grill meat and vegetables. And while you’re figuring out whether pizza is a pie, you can easily move to your garden with a BakerStone Original Box Kit. It’s amazing for barbecues, parties, and family gatherings.
When purchasing kitchen gear that’s a bit more expensive, you probably expect excellent customer service, right? BakerStone is still struggling with that. So, besides the weight as one of the cons, be aware of poor customer service as well.
|Fast heating up||Weighs 53.9 pounds|
|Quick and practical||Lack of customer service|
Onlyfire Universal Stainless Steel Pizza Oven Kit
When thinking about getting a BBQ stove or an oven, one of the many things you probably want to know is how to reheat it. If so, you should definitely check the outdoor gas grill. This gear is designed for grills on gas such as char griller, weber, and broil king.
- Double-wall ceiling to retain chamber heat – double-wall ceiling made from stainless steel is great for heat retention.
- Easy to operate – you won’t need any tool, and the oven will be set in a couple of minutes.
- Four-piece kit – you’ll get a thermometer, 14″ round pizza stone, heavy stainless steel chamber, and 13.5″ x 16″ aluminum pizza peel.
Having a piece of kitchen gear like this one will provide you with many benefits. Not only because it’s made of top-quality stainless steel but also because there’s a double-wall ceiling that will provide optimal heat retention.
With Onlyfire products, you’ll enjoy many benefits when cooking pizza, but you probably won’t get the instructions. Keep in mind that the bottom will probably be cooked faster than the top. Also, don’t forget it has poor quality control.
|14-inch stone||The bottom cooks faster than the top|
|Easy to clean||Poor quality control|
Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
When you decide to boost your kitchen gear, you won’t have to look for the US pizza menu anymore. But if you’re a real pizza lover, you should consider getting Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven. You’ll get to enjoy a real and true artisan-style pizza. In only 15 minutes, it will be ready for baking pizzas, bread, and roasting meat.
- Double layered ceiling – it boosts heating dynamics,
- Built-in valve – it will give you control of the flame,
- Built-in temperature gauge – you can safely monitor the air temperature inside the oven,
- Multiple baking options – besides pizzas, you can make meat, bread, and vegetables.
Cooking on gas will make the entire process easier. If that sounds tempting, you should consider getting something like Camp Chef Italia Artisan. After all, it bakes like every other brick oven. It will be ready to cook in 15 minutes, including the preheating process.
Besides all the positive sides of this product, there are some negative sides to check. For example, it’s a bit too heavy compared to other products I’ve mentioned.
|Can bake other food other than pizzas||Reaches up to 600 °F|
|Easy to clean||It weighs 47 lbs|
What to Look for When Choosing Your Barbecue Pizza Oven?
When you’re looking for a barbecue pizza oven, there are some things you need to know before you actually make the purchase. First, there are numerous products available on the market nowadays, and if you’re not an expert, the entire princess could become just too overwhelming. Should you choose the brick, wood-fired, or gas? Is it better to buy an indoor or outdoor model?
Ooni Karu is a product that will perfectly suit both beginners and experts. Its features will amaze you with how effortless pizza baking can be.
Finding a suitable pizza oven design to install at home is very important. That’s how Ooni Karu has a custom-designed fuel tray to maximize the airflow.
Different people have different needs. So, when buying a pizza oven, be sure its food capacity suits your needs. Ooni Karu 12” is big enough for a standard pizza.
The fuel type of Ooni Karu is wood. However, you can build up your oven by buying a Gas Burner and using natural gas. You choose what suits you best, wood, charcoal, both, or gas.
Making and tasting numerous pizzas for years now, I can honestly say that wood-fired pizza is one of my favorite ones. In fact, it’s unbeatable. That’s why my first pick is the stylish and sleek Ooni Karu 12 Outdoor Pizza Oven. It’s the best multi-fuel stove on the market, and you can easily buy it on Amazon.
Is There a Metal Top to Cover Your BBQ Pizza Oven?
The Ooni Karu 12” purchase means you’ll get covers designed to protect the kitchen gear from rain and other weather conditions.
How Many Wood Pellets Are Needed to Cook for Five or Six Hours?
Karu doesn’t work well with pellets. Instead, you can use 12-13 small pieces of wood for burning up to an hour and a half.
Can This Oven Be Used for a Pizza Truck?
If you want to make sure the truck option works, you need to get your truck ventilated. And the best way to do it is to install the smoke stack outdoors.