Bring the pizzeria home with these top mini pizza makers of 2023 — perfect for any pizza lover
Whether for making a pizza from the scratch with your favorite toppings or re-heating the last night’s pizza from a pizzeria, we all need pizza ovens. But If you’re not a big fan of heavy machinery, or If you do not have enough space or a backyard for a pizza oven, then you can go for an equally reliable option — The mini pizza maker.
A mini pizza maker is a small kitchen appliance designed for making homemade regular-sized pizzas quickly and conveniently at home. This appliance generally has a non-stick cooking surface, electricity-induced heated plates, and a temperature control knob for making pizzas with the desired level of crispness.
You can find a variety of mini pizza makers online. Most of them look the same but there are a number of differentiating factors that can help you with choosing the best mini pizza maker.
In this blog, I have curated a list of the 4 best mini pizza makers based on their features, prices, and customer ratings & reviews. Starting from the top pick, below are the 4 best mini pizza makers available on Amazon:
1. Betty Crocker Countertop Pizza Maker — Our Top Pick
- Joy of Homemade Pizza: This Betty Crocker 12" pizza pan & indoor grill (13.78” x 15.87” x 5.04”) defines the joy of making & baking delicious pizzas with your pizza crust just the way you like it!
- Makers Gonna Make: We love versatile kitchen appliances, so our pizza oven is also a sandwich maker, griddle press, tortilla press crepe maker electric, omelet maker, quesadilla maker & more!
- Oven-Free & Indoor: Enjoy oven-less cooking with our outstanding 1440W electric skillet & tortilla maker. Create delectable nachos, quiches, & pancakes indoors thanks to this electric grill indoor.
- Easy to Clean: The nonstick surface of this superior pizza cooker, grilled cheese maker, and panini maker make cleanup a breeze. Be creative and be messy without scrubbing the night away!
- Bring People Together: Impress friends & family with delicious homemade cheese pizza thanks to this counter top electric pizza maker. Make memories à la delicious recipes with this electric cooker.
Betty Crocker is a widely-loved brand that has been serving its audience with high-quality ingredients, endless recipes, and kitchen appliances for decades.
In this case, Betty Crocker Countertop Pizza Maker tops the chart of best mini pizza makers because it makes evenly cooked delicious pizzas in minutes. It is a 12-inch cooking surface area, which is sufficient for a couple of hungry diners.
Also, unless you are a bob the builder who likes assembling machines, this mini pizza maker does not need any assembling. You just take out the appliance from the box and start cooking.
Since this pizza maker comes with a self-regulating thermostat, it does not have any temperature control, which can be a plus point for people who are naive pizzaiolo.
Comes fully assembled
Cooks versatile dishes including sandwiches, tortillas, and quesadillas
Non-stick metallic surface
Comes with a full-fledged cooking and cleaning guide
Doesn’t have temperature control
Product Dimensions: 13.78 x 15.87 x 5.04 inches
Weight: 5.5 pounds
Cooking surface: 12 Inches
Wattage: Upto 400 °F
2. Nickelodeon NTPM-55 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Maker
- Bakes up to a 12" frozen pizza or an 11" hand-tossed pizza with rising crust
- Illuminated power light
- Non-Stick interior for easy clean-up
- Faster than conventional ovens and no preheating required
If your kitchen is all about the aesthetic, then you might not wanna get this one because it comes with a legit turtle ninja sticker on the top. But its functionality makes it my second top choice for the best mini pizza makers.
This pizza maker heats up pretty quickly and is very easy to operate. Besides, this pizza maker is value for money since it is versatile and makes more than just pizza. With a cooking surface of 12 inches, NTPM is best for making medium to large-size pizzas.
It comes with two buttons on the top — red and green. The red button signifies that the plates are being heated and when the green button glows, the stove is ready to bake a pizza. Pretty convenient.
Does not need pre-heating
Good for medium to large size pizzas
Non-stick cooking surface
Easy to operate
Doesn’t come with a temperature regulator
Product Dimensions: 12.88″D x 15″W x 4″H
Weight: 5.4 Pounds
Cooking surface: 11 inches (hand-tossed pizzas), 12 Inches
Wattage: 1440 Watts
3. Courant Precision Non-Stick Pizza Maker
If a crispy crust makes you drool for a pizza, then go for Courant Precision Non-Stick Pizza Maker. The pizza from this pizza maker will make you go mamma mia!
The auto-temperature regulator might not be everyone’s priority. If you like baking pizza at your desired temperature then you can go with this pizza maker as it comes with a temperature knob.
The look and feel of this machine are pretty minimalist and sleek. Besides, it doesn’t take up much space in your kitchen. So, I guess, that’s a plus point.
Versatile, cooks more than pizza
Easy to wash
Not meant for outdoor baking
Product Dimensions: 15.98 x 13.89 x 5.2 inches
Weight: 6.38 pounds
Cooking surface: 12 Inches
Wattage: 1440 Watts
4. DASH 8” Express Electric Round Griddle
- MORE THAN PANCAKES: Make eggs, cookies, pancakes, grilled cheese, even stir fry, burgers and quesadillas without the need for multiple pots/pans. Great for kids or on the go.
- COMPACT plus PORTABLE: 8” Express Electric Round Griddle takes up minimal counter space and is a MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling
- QUICK plus EASY: Simply plug it in and wait for indicator light to turn off; it heats up in mere minutes The dual PFOA-free, non-stick surfaces provide an even cook for consistent results, each and every time
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding or new home gift Its small size takes up little counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now.)
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty, the 760 watt DASH 8” Express Round Griddle includes anti-slip feet, nonstick heating plates, recipe book and recipe database access (all non-electric parts are easily wiped clean)
I’m not a big fan of its design, but the machine has been applauded by a lot of users for its functionality. And I am here to validate that because it does cook some fine-a** pizzas. Also, It is an excellent tool for making wraps and tortillas. Of course, you can make more dishes with it, try grilled sandwiches, yum!
It is a much more compact pizza maker with 8 inches cooking surface. So, it does make an excellent option for making individual-sized pizzas.
Heats up quickly
Heats and refreshes frozen food
Does not have heat controls
7–8 inches cooking surface might not be everyone’s ideal choice
Product Dimensions: 8″D x 10.3″W x 4.1″H
Weight: 3 pounds
Cooking surface: 8 inches
Wattage: 760 watts
What Factors to Consider Before Buying a Mini Pizza Maker?
You don’t want to end up buying a pizza maker that needs maintenance every 2 months, one that is too pricey yet does not hit your expectations, or a pizza maker that makes you think — “I should have rather ordered a pizza”.
So, before buying a mini pizza maker, consider the following factors:
- Pizza maker size: Think of the size of pizza you usually make or your family usually orders. If you like bigger pizzas or multiple pizzas then go for a bigger-sized pizza maker. But if you’re buying one just to make occasional small pizzas, then a 6–7 inches diameter of pizza maker would work just fine.
- Cooking surface: The cooking surface makes a lot of difference among different pizza makers. Choose one that has a non-stick cooking surface. You don’t want made-in-jiffy pizzas just to clean the appliance for hours later. Ceramic or stone-surfaced pizza makers can be your best because they also distribute heat evenly, making crispy crusts.
- Baking time: A variety of mini pizza makers cook pizza in the range of 5 to 20 minutes. Choose one that fits your desired cooking time.
- Versatility: Unless the only dish you fancy is pizza, pick a mini pizza maker that can bake more than just pizza. There are mini pizza makers that can also cook quesadillas, tortillas, grilled sandwiches, and more.
- Price: Not saying that you should go for a cheaper price, but depending on how often you’re gonna use the mini pizza maker, pick one that is reasonably priced.
- Customer Reviews: Customer ratings and reviews define the true quality barrier of any product. Compare the good and bad remarks made for the mini pizza maker online and select a Pizza maker with a good brand reputation.
The Final Verdict
Mini pizza makers are a great addition to any kitchen and can make delicious pizzas at home quickly and conveniently. After thorough research, I conclude that Betty Crocker Countertop Pizza Maker is the top pick for the best mini pizza maker of 2023, due to its easy-to-use design and consistently delicious results.
However, the other mini pizza makers on our list, including the Nickelodeon NTPM-55 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pizza Maker, Courant Precision Non-Stick Pizza Maker, and DASH 8” Express Electric Round Griddle, are also great options with their own unique features and benefits. Ultimately, the best mini pizza maker for you will depend on your personal preferences, cooking needs, and budget.
1. Does cheese stick to the cooking surface of mini pizza makers?
Usually, cheese might stick to the cooking surface of mini pizza makers. However, In the case of non-stick pizza makers, the stuck cheese or toppings could be cleaned easily.
2. What else can I cook in mini pizza makers?
Apart from pizzas, a mini pizza maker might also cook grilled sandwiches, tortillas, omelets, quesadillas, sausage patties, muffins, and more.
3. Which brand makes the best mini pizza makers?
Betty Crocker Countertop Pizza Make is the best mini pizza maker with the highest rating of 4.5 stars on Amazon by over 6640 users.
4. What temperature can a mini pizza maker go up to?
Though it varies from brand to brand, a mini pizza maker typically has a temperature range of 400°F to 450°F (204°C to 232°C).