Experience the joy of homemade pizza in minutes with instant pizza dough mixes
At some point in our lives, we all have tried making pizzas at home. As rewarding as the process is, the initial step of it is what makes people give up on making homemade pizza and that is — crafting a pizza crust from the scratch.
That’s a bummer. Solution? — Instant pizza dough mix.
Instant pizza dough mix is a pre-made dry mixture of pizza crust essentials like flour, yeast, salt, and other ingredients. This type of dough rises quickly and could be prepared just by adding water to the mix.
I have curated a list of the 10 best pizza dough mixes available online. Find out their ingredients, prices, best features, and more below, and pick the best instant pizza dough mix for baking your next pie.
10 Best Instant Pizza Dough Mix
You visit any popular online grocery store, and you’ll find a large variety of pizza crust or pizza dough mix. But which one’s the best for you, let’s find out:
(Please note that the prices mentioned below may vary with the weight and package sizes of the products.)
1. Simple Mills Almond Flour Baking Mix — Pizza Dough
- Receive 1 box of Simple Mills Cauliflower Pizza Dough mix. Powered by cauliflour, this pizza crust is better-for-you and really tasty. Great for a fun and nutritious dinner.
- Take a look at our nutritious baking mix ingredients. Nutrient dense, purposeful ingredient list for these delicious baking products from Simple Mills.
- See our reviews on your iPhone, iPad, Android, or laptop by scrolling down to see how other consumers rate our delicous taste!
- Nothing artificial, ever. Shelf stable snack that is perfect for stocking up the pantry and great way to gain energy and boost productivity
- Made With Simple Ingredients, Certified Gluten free, Non-GMO, Grain Free, Corn Free, Paleo Friendly, Plant Based
Some of us are supposed to be gluten-free, but man, can we miss out on a pizza!? So what do we do? We make fresh homemade pizza that is gluten-free. Our savior? – Simple Mills Almond Flour baking mix.
This instant pizza dough mix is gluten-free, has the nutrition of cauliflower, and is vegan. It is made of almond flour, so it has that unique flavor and the crunch is just irresistible. This has to be the top pick.
Ingredients: Almond flour, Organic Garlic, Flax Meal, Cauliflower, Arrowroot, Cream of Tartar, Baking Soda, and Organic Oregano.
- Made with Almond-flour
- Vegan Plant-based
- No artificial ingredients
Con: Some people may not like the cauliflower taste
2. Weisenberger Pizza Crust Mix
- EXCELLENT TEXTURE AND FLAVOR: Perfect for New York Style pizza or rolled thin and crispy, Weisenberger’s creates a deliciously chewy dough with enough strength to hold your favorite toppings.
- HIGH QUALITY INGREDIENTS: Weisenberger mills the flour used to make the pizza crust mix on site, as it has since 1865, to create a high quality and delicious pizza flour.
- SIMPLE TO MAKE: With two types of flour, salt, and yeast combined in perfect proportions, Weisenberger Pizza Mix is easy to use: just add ½ cup hot water, let rise, and bake.
- CONVENIENT SIZE: One 6.5 oz package makes a mouth-watering 12 inch pizza, or a 14 inch thin crust perfect for homemade pizza night!
- MAKE MORE THAN PIZZA: Weisenberger Pizza Crust mix is versatile enough for more than pizza. Create delicious breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
Not that I am perfect at cooking but pizza dough with this mix rises every time! Besides, the taste is amazing. It’s chewy and prepares by just adding water.
I think the credit goes to the authenticity that Weisenberger brings to their mix. Weisenberger themselves make the flour used in Pizza Crust Mix on-site and they have been doing this since 1856. Also, this dough could be used to make a variety of dishes including breadsticks, calzones, cinnamon rolls, flatbread, and more!
Ingredients: Unbleached Wheat Flour, Salt, Nonfat Dry Milk, Yeast, Sugar, Vegetable Shortening (Soybean Oil), and Wheat Gluten.
- Makes the perfect thin and crispy pizza crust
- Bakes in less than 30 minutes
- Made with Locally-grown high-quality ingredients
- Consists no preservatives
Con: Sometimes comes in poor packaging that might make way for the bugs.
3. Bob’s Red Mill Pizza Crust Mix
- Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix is wheat free, dairy free, whole grain and can be made without eggs
- The mix contains a yeast packet and bakes up like a real wheat crust
- Easy to prepare; Just add eggs (or subsitute flaxseed meal), water and olive oil
Bob’s Red Mill is a whole-grain dough mix, so that’s a plus point. Besides, it is good for people with wheat and gluten sensitivity. One packet of this mix can make up to two medium size pizzas with eight slices. So, value for money? – I would say, yes!
Ingredients: Whole grain sorghum flour, guar gum, sorbitan monostearate, yeast, xanthan gum, whole grain millet flour, cane sugar, ascorbic acid, tapioca flour, brown rice flour, sea salt, potato flour, potato starch
- Gluten-free, perfect for people with gut-issues
- Makes light and crispy crusts
- Contains whole grain brown rice flour
- Easy to make and rises within 20 minutes
Con: Might make rubbery and gooey dough
4. Delallo Pizza dough kit
- PIZZA DOUGH MIX: Imported from Italy, DeLallo pizza dough mix is made with finely milled “00” Flour and quality Italian ingredients
- EASY TO USE: Simply follow the included directions and the dough will be eady to use in 45 minutes. The mix can also be used to create calzones, stromboli, focaccia, garlic knots and breadsticks
- INCLUDES: Everything but water is included. The mix comes with the yeast that is needed to ensure your dough rises well
- CREATE YOUR OWN PIZZA: 1 dough kit makes 2 – 10” traditional crust pizzas, 4 – 10” thin Neapolitan-style pizzas, 1 – 16” thick crust pizza and 1 – 13” x 9” Detroit-style pizza
- ABOUT DELALLO: DeLallo is a 3rd generation family-owned and operated Italian foods company. We have been offering gourmet Italian ingredients for passionate home cooks since 1950
If your Italian friend scorns American or literally any other country’s pizza, then he/she/they might approve this one. Delallo Pizza dough kit is a made-in-Italy pizza dough mix that makes authentic pizzeria-style homemade pizza. Why call it a “kit”? because it also includes yeast packets.
The Delallo Pizza dough kit can make two large-size thin-crust pizzas. It also comes in packs of 3 and packs of 10.
Ingredients: Wheat flour (type “00”), salt, sugar, yeast, sourdough dehydrated from wheat flour, ascorbic acid, dried yeast (emulsifier).
- Makes traditional crust pizzas and Neapolitan style pizzas
- Yeast packet included
- Easy to make, Just add water to the mix
- Superfine mix with powder-like texture
Con: Low-quality yeast in the package
5. Jiffy Pizza Crust Mix
If you like your pizza to be layered densely with veggies, meats, sauces, and other toppings, then you need a sturdy pizza base. Where do you get it? At Jiffy’s.
These are hard to find in your local store, but Jiffy pizza crust mix might become your favorite pizza crust mix once you try it. The crust usually tastes good but try adding herbs, garlic butter, or any other ingredient to it and it will taste amazing! This pizza mix is available in packs of 6 for $21.30 at Amazon.
Ingredients: Wheat flour, lard (hydrogenated lard, BHT, and citric acid preservatives), yeast, sorbitan monostearate.
Contains less than 2% of Wheat starch, reduced iron, sodium aluminum phosphate, riboflavin, whey, thiamine mononitrate, folic acid, tricalcium phosphate, dextrose, salt, baking soda, and niacin.
- Makes 12″ pizza
- Can hold plenty of sauces and toppings
- Easy to make
Con: Contains lard
6. Pillsbury Thin and Crusty pizza dough mix
- Contains 12 - 6.5-ounce boxes of Pillsbury Thin and Crispy Pizza Crust Mix
- Quick and easy to prepare pizza crust
- Simply add water and oil
- Makes one 12" pizza
- 2 recipes on the back of the pouch with easy to follow instructions
One thing about Pillsbury pizza dough mix, it makes the crispiest pizza base. Even with a thin layer of dough, the crust rises perfectly.
Pro tip: Use hot water and add Italian seasoning to the mix, It will make the crust much more interesting. The Pillsbury dough crust is thin, light, and cooks evenly.
Ingredients: Enriched flour (Malted barley flour, niacin, wheat flour, riboflavin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid)
Contains less than 2% of Canola oil, dextrose, calcium sulfate, salt, l-cysteine hydrochloride, sodium stearoyl lactylate, dry yeast, and leavening (Baking soda and sodium aluminum phosphate)
- Makes one 12″ pizza
- 2 recipes on the back of the pouch
- Quick and easy-to-make pizza crusts
Con: Might make too thin large size pizzas
7. King Arthur Baking Keto Pizza Crust Mix
- King Arthur Keto Wheat Pizza Crust Mix delivers on great pizza taste and texture with a Keto Friendly 1g of net carbs per serving!
- Our 10.25 oz pizza crust mix can make two delicious 12 in. pizza crusts.
- This Keto Pizza Crust Mix really is easy to make. Follow the recipe on the box to make crisp and chewy pizza crust.
- Founded in 1790, King Arthur is a 100% Employee-Owned Company, a founding B Corporation and the nation's premier baking resource, offering everything from top-quality baking products to inspiring recipes
- We are King Arthur Baking Company. Our name and logo reflect who we've always been and always will be: bakers who are committed to spreading the simple joy of baking
Following a low-carb diet and being a pizza lover at the same time is a challenge. But when there is a will, there’s a way and the way redirects you to the King Arthur baking keto pizza crust mix at Amazon.
Best in the low-carb keto-friendly category, King Arthur baking keto pizza crust mix provides 1g of net carbs per serving! This dough mix creates crispy and chewy pizza crusts and serves two 12″ pizzas from a single box of the mix.
Ingredients: Vital wheat gluten, Inactive yeast, modified wheat starch, whey protein concentrate, salt, cellulose & psyllium fiber blend, King Arthur unbleached flour (wheat flour, enzyme or malted barley flour), and Yeast: sorbitan, monostearate, ascorbic acid.
- 1g net carbs per serving
- Makes two 12″ pizza crusts
- Yeast packet included
Con: The dough may come out sticky
and might not include the yeast packet
8. Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix
- Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix
- Net Wt 6.5 ounce Pouches x 12
- Quick and Easy to Prepare,Simply add Water
If you face difficulty in deciding how much of the mix to take for making a single pizza dough then Betty Crocker might be your savior. Betty Crocker Pizza Crust Mix comes in separate packages for making single pizza doughs with each packet. The instructions for making pizza crust from this mix are extremely easy to follow and serve delicious pizzas each time.
Ingredients: Enriched flour bleached (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), palm oil, leavening (dry yeast, sodium aluminum phosphate, baking soda), dextrose, salt, freshness preserved by BHA.’
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Applauded for the good taste by users
Con: Bland taste reported by some users
9. Keto and Co Pizza Bread Mix
- DELICIOUS BREAD Get the fresh-baked flavor you crave without the carbs
- QUICK & EASY Bake bread for your low-carb diet in as little as 15 minutes!
- ONLY 1.4g NET CARBS High fiber, high Omega-3s, Gluten free, diabetic friendly & keto friendly.
- HIGH FIBER 7g prebiotic fiber to promote gut health
- VERSATILE Make bread, pita chips, pizza, English muffins, crackers, tortillas — anything!
High fiber, high Omega-3s, Gluten-free, diabetic friendly & keto-friendly pizza mix…that’s a whole bunch of healthy yet delicious crap that Keto and Co Pizza Bread Mix provides.
Satisfies your pizza cravings in just 15 minutes and is highly versatile. Apart from a pizza, it can make pita chips, English muffins, crackers, and tortillas.
Ingredients: Coconut flour, Flaxseed, Non-Gmo Soluble Corn Fiber, Xanthan Gum, Milk Protein Isolate, Baking Powder, Psyllium Husk, Yeast, Guar Gum, and Salt.
- Gluten-free, low-carb, diabetic-friendly, and keto-friendly
- Pizza crust bakes within 15 minutes
- Contains High fiber and Omega-3s, only 1.4g net carbs per serving
Con: Makes soggy base occasionally
10. Urban Slice Pizza Worx
- UNRIVALED FLAVOR: Our Pizza Doughs have an impeccable blend of flours and yeast for a perfect crust every time
- FRESH NEW LOOK: All Urban Slicer Pizza Doughs have been meticulously crafted to give you a legit pizza dough that's incredibly easy to make and will rival any pizzeria crust in the world
- MAKES TWO CRUSTS: Creating Premium Pizza has never been easier. No mess and each bag makes two Pizza crusts in the convenience of your own home
- PIZZA YOUR WAY: From a Classic Pizza to a fun Desert Pie Urban Slicer's Pizza Doughs lets you have Pizza Your Way!
- JUST ADD WATER: All Urban Slicer Pizza Doughs are formulated so all you have to do is add water, mix, let rise and you've got premium Pizza Dough ready for 2 Pizzas. It's that simple!
If you are a highly ambitious newbie Pizzaiolo, Urban Slice instant dough mix is the best pick for you. You can make three kinds of pizza dough mix in their package – Neapolitan Style pizzas, Outdoor grilled pizzas, and Detroit deep dish.
The crusts made from urban slices usually come out to be light, airy, and tasty. And if you are a beginner, the QR code on the back of these packages takes you to the end-to-end tutorial on how to make the dough specifically with urban slice pizza mix.
Ingredients: Bleached wheat flour (niacin, thiamine mononitrate, potassium bromate), Yeast, malted barley flour, iron, riboflavin, sorbitan monostearate, folic acid, sugar, ascorbic acid, salt.
- Makes three kinds of pizzas: Neapolitan Style, Outdoor grilling, and Detroit deep dish.
- One packet makes two 14″ pizza crusts
- Easy to make, Just add water to the mix
Con: The dough does not rise sometimes
The Final Verdict
Baking homemade pizza made easy with the help of instant pizza dough mixes. These mixes save you a lot of time while producing delicious and crispy homemade pizza that can rival any pizzeria.
There are a variety of instant dough mixes available online, aforementioned are the 10 best instant pizza dough mixes that help you make delightful pizzas in minutes. You may choose any of the above instant doughs based on your flavor preference, carb diet, allergies, ease of making, etc.
So, put on your Pizzaiolo apron and try out your favorite instant pizza dough mixes. Happy baking!