What are Pizza Crunchers? Let’s explore the deal about these bite-sized delights
Pizza toppings stuffed in bread-crumbled wrappings. The concept is pretty good, not gonna lie. The soft cheesy filling on the inside and the crumbly crunch on the outside makes for a perfect dish to munch on every now and then. Pizza crunches are a delicious and efficient twist to the classic pizza recipe.
Pizza crunchers are a deep-fried snack made with mozzarella cheese, small pieces of dough that are coated with bread crumbs, and stuffed with pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni (or other meat and veggies). Pizza crunchers are often served as appetizers alongside dips like Marinara sauce, BBQ sauce, or cheese sauce.
Pizza crunchers are bite-size treats that taste amazing and are extremely easy to make. If you know how to cook a pizza, then pizza crunchers should not be a big deal.
Having said that, let’s now explore how to make Pizza crunchers at home. Let’s start with the ingredients:
Ingredients to make Pizza Crunchers at Home:
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
1/2 toppings of your choice (pepperoni, veggies, mushroom, sausages, etc)
1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or regular breadcrumbs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for deep frying
Instruction on How to Make Pizza Crunchers at Home
- Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees F
- Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangular shape
- Now, spread the pizza sauce evenly on the dough. Leave some space at the edges
- Put the pepperoni on the dough and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce
- Now roll the dough tightly making it cylindrical in shape
- Starting from the length, cut the rolled dough into 1-inch slices
- Now, take a bowl and mix breadcrumbs, flour, salt, and pepper
- Take a separate bowl and put beaten eggs in it
- Put the slices first into the beaten eggs and then coat them with the breadcrumbs by dipping them into the breadcrumbs bowl
- In a frying pan, heat oil on a medium-high heat
- Put the coated slices into the frying pan and fry for 2–3 minutes on each side under they turn golden-brown
- Place the pizza crunches on a paper towel to remove excess oil
- Now bake the pizza crunches for around 5–7 minutes until the cheese melts and the dough is cooked thoroughly
- Serve hot with your favorite dippings
What Are the Dish Combos You Can Create with Pizza Crunchers?
Pizza crunchers make for amazing evening snacks. Kids love these small pockets of pizza palate and it is a great option for fulfilling their evening hunger. I mean, not that pizza crunchers are just for kids, adults love them too. And if you are preparing it for a party, there are a number of other dishes that you can pair pizza crunchers with. The best ones are mentioned below:
- Tomato or Mushroom soup
- Pasta salad
- Potato Salad
- Zucchini fries
- Jalapeno poppers
- Onion rings
- Roasted vegetables
- Pesto Zoodles
- Cheese cauliflower breadsticks
- Mozzarella sticks
- Chicken wings
- Shrimp scampi zoodles
- Garlic Cheese bread
- Caesar salad
You can also add your favorite beverage as well with pizza crunches like iced tea, lemonade, soda, wine, and beer.
Variations of Pizza Crunches
We do not make the same pizza recipe every time. Do we? Similarly, there are multiple ways you can make pizza crunchers depending on their stuffing.
Below are the top mouth-watering pizza crunchers you can make at home:
- Pepperoni Pizza Crunchers: Stuffed with Pepperoni and Mozzarella.
- Veggie Pizza Crunchers: Filled with veggies like bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza Crunchers: Stuffing includes BBQ Chicken and Cheddar cheese.
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza Crunchers: Stuffed with spicy buffalo chicken. Often served with blue cheese as a side dipping.
- Hawaiian Pizza Crunchers: Made with an interesting filling of ham, pineapple, and mozzarella cheese. Often served with the dipping of Marinara sauce.
Ready-made Option for Pizza Crunchers: Farmrich breaded Pizza Crunchers
Pizza crunchers is a pizza-style dish that is slowly gaining popularity. There are not many brands selling ready-made pizza but the most popular one is Farmrich breaded pizza Crunchers.
What is Farmrich Breaded Pizza Crunchers?
Farmrich is a brand that sells readymade and frozen pizza crunchers. What is Farmrich Breaded Pizza Crunchers consists of mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce, wrapped with whole grain bread coating.
Contains 26g whole grain per serving and 5g fiber per serving.
Is Farmrich Breaded Pizza Crunchers good?
Many people love Farmrich’s pizza crunchers as they make a good frozen item for making quick evening snacks that kids and adults love alike. However, the product has a hint of spice that some people like and some don’t. Besides, Many users have found the marinara sauce in Farmrich’s Crunchers unsatisfactory.
Where to buy Farmrich Breaded Pizza Crunchers?
The Bottom Line
pizza crunches are a type of deep-fried snack that consists of breaded and deep-fried pizza pockets filled with various ingredients like cheese, sauce, and meats. While they may be a tasty treat for some people, they are not the healthiest food option due to their high calorie and fat content. It’s important to consume them in moderation and balance them with a well-rounded diet to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Overall, Pizza crunchers make for an amazing evening snack or party snack. It might not be the healthiest option but it sure makes for an amazing occasional delish.