Pizzeria 260 is a family-operated Italian restaurant in South Boston, MA. They are dedicated to preparing and serving Italian cuisine from the old world. This includes not only pizzas but also different kinds of pasta, traditional Italian entreés, and sauces. So, what’s so special about this cozy Italian place?
Family, friends, and delicious food are all you really need in life, according to Pizzeria 260s. They make all their food fresh to order, which includes fresh daily dough and sauces, and they get their vegetables freshly delivered. They are confident that each customer leaves happy and satisfied, no matter whether they have craved fantastic Italian food or happy hour.
If you are located in Boston and in need of excellent pizza to order or to stop in and grab a bite of Buffalo chicken wings, Pizzeria 260 might be just for you. But before you head on straight to their website to order, I can help you with my honest review.
Is Pizzeria 260 For You?
With tantalizing food and a distinctive ambiance, this South Boston restaurant offers delicious Italian cuisine. Pizzeria 260 uses top-quality ingredients, such as only the best meats, daily fresh vegetables, and freshly baked bread. They also offer a wonderful selection of pizza, pasta, fresh salads, subs, burgers, wraps, and other types of meals on their menu.
This place is open seven days a week, and if you are anywhere near Boston’s West Broadway, pop into this cozy place to grab a bite. They are open to orders and can even provide bigger orders, but it’s also a fun place to visit during happy hour.
What Do We Like About Pizzeria 260?
While the restaurant offers a wide variety of pizzas, salads, appetizers, wraps, panini, and many other tasty and flavorful Italian dishes, they also offer something more unique. Pizzeria 260 gives an opportunity to its customers to create their own pizza, using different ingredients listed on its website. These custom pizzas come in 12″ regular size and 16″ family size.
All portions are plentiful, and many customers claim that they were able to split two different dishes between three people. Customer service is also outstanding, whether you only contact them by phone or visit in person.
What We Don’t Like About Pizzeria 260
As a place where you can enter to grab a meal you’ll take home or from which you’ll order a delivery, this place is excellent. However, in terms of seating, it’s not the best possible place. It’s not very comfortable and has only five tables. Some of the pizzas are a bit pricey compared to other pizza restaurants in Boston. Also, watch out for extra charging for add-ons in your ordered dishes. Some customers believe that the crust in pizzas is a bit too thin.
Pros & Cons
|Fresh ingredients||Not enough seating space|
|A rich menu||Some pizzas are a bit pricey|
|Customizable pizzas||Pricey add-ons|
|Great customer service||Crust on the thin side|
|Exceptional pizza toppings|
What’s Included In the Pizzeria 260 Menu?
While on the outside, it may look like your typical pizza place, Pizzeria 260 has plenty to offer. If you look at their menu, you will notice that there are plenty of options, such as the following:
- Formaggio, a traditional Italian-style cheese pizza,
- Salame Piccante, a traditional Italian-style pepperoni pizza,
- Roasted Eggplant, with extra virgin olive oil, roasted eggplant, onions, and red peppers,
- Caliente, with grilled chicken, onions, roasted red peppers, and jalapeno peppers,
- Arugula, with fresh minced garlic and mozzarella cheese, baked and topped with Baby Arugula Insalata,
- Pollo Pepper, with grilled chicken, ricotta cheese, and roasted red peppers,
- And the ever-loved BBQ Chicken Pizza, with red sauce.
What Are the Best Pizza Items Pizzeria 260 Offers?
While their rich menu has plenty to offer, and most customers just love their Buffalo Chicken Wings, Pizzeria 260’s most prized item is the customizable pizza. Almost 30 different topping ingredients are available for you to pick and combine. This includes prosciutto and shaved steak, but also roasted broccoli, ricotta, and anchovies.
- They have a variety of specialty pizzas,
- The other options are 14″ Calzones which come with a variety of add-ons,
- There are eight different pizzas in their White Pizza section,
- Create-your-own-pizza is a great feature this restaurant offers,
- The restaurant also offers plenty of appetizers and side dishes,
- There is a nice offer in their salad section, too,
- They offer six different Panini options,
- You can order wraps, burgers and brick oven grinders,
- There is also a nice selection of Italian pasta,
- They offer different dinners and homemade soups,
- Desserts include a chocolate cake, Tiramisu, Eclair, Cheesecake, and Carrot cake,
- They are open for catering orders, too.
Their menu is plentiful, so make sure you check it out before your visit, so you can easily decide what you’ll order. It’s one of the favorite pizza places in this part of Boston for a reason, so make sure you give them a try.
While you won’t make a mistake if you order one of many pizzas on the Pizzeria 260 menu, you may find that sitting in their restaurant isn’t that comfortable, especially if you are part of a larger crowd looking for a place to eat. On the other hand, they are always welcoming when it comes to larger orders, and none of their pizzas and other Italian dishes will disappoint you.
However, you should be a bit wary when it comes to add-ons on your pizzas, as they might prove to be on the pricier side. Calzones are also a bit pricier than in other pizza restaurants, but the large variety of plentiful toppings makes it worthwhile. Also, it’s noteworthy that their customer service is excellent, no matter whether you’re ordering on the phone or dropping by to grab a bite of your favorite pasta or Panini.