Are you curious to know whether a blend of macaroni, cheese, and pizza is worth trying out? Combining two popular dishes and creating one incredible meal is hard, but mac and cheese pizza stands as proof that it is possible. So, is Mac and Cheese pizza good after all? Find out in this article.
Two comfort dishes in one. Mac and cheese pizza is a tasty and overwhelmingly cheesy meal that the whole family would enjoy. It is easy to make, and the superbly appetizing taste makes it a memorable meal.
Is Mac and Cheese Pizza Good?
Do you enjoy the cheesy goodness of macaroni and cheese? If the answer is yes, you will most likely enjoy a pizza that combines the best of both worlds. The crispy dough, a mixture of different kinds of cheese such as mozzarella and cheddar, as well as steaming macaroni make the dish taste impeccable. When the dough is cooked properly, and the cheese melts into a gooey perfection, you’ll realize what you’ll be missing all this time.
The best thing about mac and cheese pizza is that it is an incredibly filling meal that the entire family will love. Children are usually fond of both dishes, so when you combine one with the other, you’ll get a winning combination. It’s important to know that preparing the dish is easy and simple. It will take only 20 minutes of your time.
Where Can You Order Mac and Cheese Pizza?
Unfortunately, not many chain restaurants feature Mac-and-Cheese pizza on their menu. Pizza Hut, Domino’s, and Papa John’s had Mac-N-Cheese pizza as a specialty dish on their menus, but the offer was limited. Pizza Hut has relaunched the dish a couple of times before, so it’s safe to say that it might be available again in the future.
However, if you are craving this type of pizza right now. Order one from Cici’s Pizza or Pizza Ranch. Cici’s Pizza offers its signature Cici’s macaroni and cheese on a crust that is layered with cheese and garlic butter, while the dish from Pizza Ranch is a classic pizza that is topped with appetizing macaroni and cheese.
Do You Want to Prepare One at Home? Follow Our Recipe and Make a Delicious Pizza
We’ll help you make delicious and mouth-watering mac and cheese pizza in a few simple steps. You can choose to first make macaroni and cheese in a pot, which would take a couple of extra minutes more than if you use the boxed mac and cheese. We recommend avoiding boxed meals since they are full of preservatives. Once you have prepared mac and cheese, gather all the ingredients needed for the pizza.
What Ingredients Should You Have?
Follow our list of ingredients and make a unique pizza. Feel free to exclude and add some ingredients that you believe would work great when paired with other ingredients. Here is what you are going to need:
- Mozzarella – Purchase a block of cheese, so you can grate it and add it to the dough. In case there is fresh mozzarella in your fridge already, you can use it instead of a block. Individuals who would prefer a different type of cheese can use Monterey Jack.
- Cheddar – It would be best to find sharp cheddar in grocery stores. It will add an extra punch and stronger flavor to the dish. But mild cheddar can be a good option as well.
- Parmesan – Find either Asiago or Romano Parmesan cheese. The combination of mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan will work tremendously well together.
- Pizza Dough – Make one yourself or buy already made one in a supermarket. If you choose to make it yourself, you will need about 10 minutes to combine all the ingredients.
- Dried Oregano – Imagine a Domino’s Cheeseburger Pizza or a Pizza Hut Garlic Parmesan pizza without dried oregano. It’s impossible. That is why this savory and sweet spice is necessary for this recipe.
- Olive Oil – A subtle flavor needed for the crust can be accomplished by adding cold-pressed organic olive oil.
- Garlic Powder – Similarly to Cici’s Pizza, garlic powder will work great when added to the crust.
- Bacon – Putting pieces of crispy bacon in the cheese is a great twist on the recipe that will elevate the taste even more.
Recipe Instructions – How to Create a Dish That Will Stand Out?
After you have collected all the necessary ingredients, the next step is to prepare the dish. With our easy-to-understand instructions, the meal will most definitely turn out to be delicious.
Start by heating the oven to an appropriate temperature. We recommend setting the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle some cornmeal into the pizza pan you will use. Spread the dough on a table and lightly press with your fingers until an even surface and a circle form.
Next step is to mix oregano, olive oil, and garlic powder. The mixture should be placed and spread on the dough. Then, one can proceed to cook the dough for about seven to ten minutes. When the crust starts gaining a golden brown color, it’s ready to be taken out of the oven.
Combine the different kinds of cheeses you have. A bit of cheddar cheese can be added to the mac and cheese. Then pour everything over the crust. Finally, bake the pizza for another ten minutes. Once you complete the dish, you can garnish it with fried bacon pieces and parsley.
Nutrition Facts Everyone Should Know
Individuals who are following a special diet plan should know all the details about the nutritional facts of the dish. If you are one of them, consult our table which will let you know what one slice of mac and cheese pizza contains.
Ready to Make the Most Amazing Mac and Cheese Pizza?
Are you a cheese lover? Then, the deliciously cheesy and savory Mac and Cheese pizza is a perfect dish for you. The combination of different flavors that complement each other will be a real treat for pizza enthusiasts. If you are not interested in ordering from Pizza Ranch or Civics Pizza, gather all the necessary ingredients and start creating your own dish at home. Follow our recipe, and be sure that you’ll get to enjoy delectable slices of one unique pizza.