Melting, gooey, and light brown cheese provides every pizza with a savory and slightly sweet taste completing the dish in its entirety. Every cook needs to know how to pick a type of cheese that would work best on a particular pizza. If you are wondering how to use cheese in pizza properly, our article will help you.
The best way to use the cheese is to sprinkle it on the sauce after you’ve spread the sauce on the dough. One can dice or grate the cheese on top of the sauce, which will allow it to brown and bubble underneath other toppings.
How to Use Cheese in Pizza?
There are different methods of how you can use cheese on a pizza. The simplest way is to take a block of mozzarella or cheddar and grate it on top of the tomato sauce. But one can also dice the cheese into slices and simply lay them on top of the sauce. The main thing every cook should remember is that the cheese is always placed below all other toppings. It allows it to receive a golden brown color, melt, and bubble during cooking.
Additionally, one doesn’t have to use just mozzarella cheese or cheddar for all pizza types. There are different kinds you can try out. Some types of cheeses work well with each other. There are numerous possibilities for how you can combine certain toppings with a particular cheese.
How Can You Avoid Burning the Cheese on the Pizza?
Using cheese incorrectly can lead you to burn it and create a dry and oily mess. But, fortunately, you can easily escape this problem. The first mistake you should make is using a nonstick cooking spray. Instead, spread a bit of butter on the dough, and the cheese won’t burn.
Another tip is to make use of a baking sheet or a pizza stone. They will ensure that the heat gets evenly distributed and the cheese will just melt and bubble.
How Should You Use Different Types of Cheeses on a Pizza?
It can become quite mundane to order the same Pizza Hut Edge pizza or Domino’s Pan pizza that is always topped with part-skim mozzarella. A myriad of toppings can be combined with a variety of cheeses in order to create authentic and delicious pizzas. Here are our tips on how to use particular cheeses.
- Blue Cheese – Are you searching for an incredibly salty ingredient? If you want to use blue cheese correctly, you should combine it with red onions and crispy bacon. Chefs who want to take it to the next level can add jalapenos and prepare a spicy pizza similar to the Spicy Lover’s Pizza Hut variety.
- Lucerne Cheese – It is a flavorful light cheese that is low in fat and sodium. It can work well on any type of pizza, but we recommend mixing it with vegetables. In case one is going to place green bell peppers, red onions, diced tomatoes, and black olive oils on the pizza, the lucerne cheese should be added as well. The meal will be fresh, light, and incredibly delectable.
- Mozzarella – This classic cheese is featured on almost every pizza, but when it is combined with special ingredients, it can become even more delicious. We recommend incorporating arugula and pesto sauce in the recipe so as to experience mozzarella cheese a bit differently.
- Manchego Cheese – The cheese’s flavor will be embellished with basil, oregano, and rosemary. It works extremely well with diced tomatoes and olives.
- Gruyere Cheese – This type of cheese should be paired with garlic sauce and the best ham for pizza. Also, it’s good to mix it with asparagus and spinach. You will get a creamy and salty dish similar to Pizza Hut Garlic Parmesan pizza.
What Type of Cheese to Use if You Want It to Melt Fast?
Are you searching for gooey and mouth-watering perfection? Then, you should choose the best cheese for melting. Sprinkle some on the sauce and then later on top of all toppings in order to get the ultimate cheesy dish. Consult our list and pick a type of cheese that would work best for your dish.
If you don’t want to use just one type of cheese but rather make a Quattro Formaggi, pick three or four of the best melting cheeses or incorporate other cheeses with the types that melt quickly. We recommend combining cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, and provolone for a tasty and delicious dish.
Diners who are following a plant-based diet can enjoy the melting and gooey cheeses varieties as well. The market has changed in the last few years, and vegan options have become readily available. Have a look at our chart of the best diet-free cheeses for pizza and their prices.
|Name of the Product||Description||Price|
|Miyoko’s Kitchen Fresh Vegan Mozzarella||It has the same flavor as real mozzarella. The cheese is made with coconut oil. It is extremely creamy.||$8.99|
|Moocho Dairy Free Mozzarella Shreds||It is sold pre-shredded. It can be used on pizzas, but it doesn’t melt easily. However, it adds a strong flavor.||$5.13|
|Daiya Mozzarella Cheese Style Cutting Board Shreds||It is one of the best dairy-free cheeses that melts incredibly well.||$4.63|
Ready to Sprinkle Some Cheese on Top of Your Dish?
Whether you are looking for a cheese that would add a delectable flavor to your pizza or you are searching for a type that melts best, you should first know how to use the cheese properly. Bear in mind that cheese needs to be layered below all other toppings. Make sure to grate it evenly across the entire surface. It is the ingredient that will make the pizza authentic and flavorful.